Hair removal creams and painful waxing can be expensive and messy methods for temporarily removing unwanted hair. Fortunately, McLean Plastic Surgery offers laser hair removal treatment that can leave your skin looking smooth and beautiful.
To learn more about laser hair removal and other laser treatments at McLean Plastic Surgery, please call 703-893-1111 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Duda. We serve McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
What Parts of the Body Can Laser Hair Removal Treat?
The need for daily shaving can become quite a hassle, especially for busy professionals. Shaving can lead to a number of skin irritations, including ingrown hairs and bumpy, blotchy skin. Laser hair removal makes skin irritation a thing of the past. After only four to eight treatment sessions, laser hair removal can provide long-lasting results to almost any part of your body, including:
- Bikini line
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Thanks to its superior ability to eliminate unwanted hairs, laser hair removal is among the most popular cosmetic procedures performed in the U.S. This advanced approach to hair removal utilizes highly-concentrated light to destroy hair follicles from virtually any part of the body. The benefits of eliminating unwanted hair with laser energy include:
- Long-lasting results: Once hair follicles are destroyed with laser energy, they do not grow back. It is possible for new hair follicles to emerge, but most people find that hair is gone for good after just four to eight treatments. In some cases, occasional touch up appointments may be needed to maintain beautiful, hair-free skin.
- Speed: Laser treatment can simultaneously treat multiple hair follicles in a fraction of a second. It can usually treat a quarter-sized area every second. This means that treating an upper lip may only take a couple of minutes, while larger areas like the legs can be treated in about an hour.
- Precision: Our specialized lasers easily target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding tissue completely unharmed.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
In order to ensure you get the full benefits of laser hair removal, there are certain steps you should take to maximize the treatment’s effectiveness:
- Avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, tanning spray, bronzer and other tanning methods for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Wear sunscreen, pants, long sleeves and wide-brimmed hats if you do go into the sun two weeks before treatment.
- Avoid plucking, tweezing or waxing for two weeks prior to treatment.
- Shave the treatment area the night before or the morning of your appointment.
Laser hair removal works by destroying hair follicles. The targeted follicles must be present in order for the treatment to work effectively. While shaving doesn’t affect follicles, other forms of hair removal such as waxing and electrolysis do affect follicles. Removing follicles and tanning makes the hair “invisible” to the laser and diminishes the effectiveness of treatment.
Contact McLean Plastic Surgery Today
If you would like to learn more about laser hair removal, contact McLean Plastic Surgery today online or at 703-893-1111 to schedule a consultation. We welcome women and men from McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.