The way your eyes look can have a significant impact on your entire facial appearance. As you get older, the aging process can dramatically affect your eyelids. Their elasticity and contour of your eyelids can make you look young or old, approachable or grumpy, alert or tired. Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, removes excess, sagging skin, repositions internal tissues and restores the appearance of youthful, vibrant eyelids.
To learn more about blepharoplasty, call McLean Plastic Surgery today at 703-893-1111 to schedule a consultation with plastic surgeon Dr. Gloria Duda. We welcome women and men from McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
What Issues Can an Eyelid Lift Address?
We convey an array of emotions with our eyes. This requires countless small muscle movements throughout the day that flex the skin and lead to wrinkles and folds over time. As we age, our eyelids begin to droop and bags form under our eyes. In some cases, fat loss below the eyelids can create a sunken appearance, creating shadows under the eyes. Other times, new fat deposits can make the eyes look puffy.
These issues can make you look old, bored, tired or angry, no matter how you actually feel. The goal of eyelid surgery is to correct these unwanted signs of aging while making you look natural and refreshed.
Common issues that eyelid surgery can address include:
- Vision obstruction caused by sagging or bulging upper eyelids
- Tired, aged appearance because of your eyelids
- Bags and puffiness below your lower eyelids
- Excess, hanging upper eyelid skin
- Puffy, bulging eyelid skin
Upper Lid Blepharoplasty VS. Lower Lid Blepharoplasty
While the term eyelid lift is often used interchangeably, blepharoplasty actually encompasses two separate facial plastic surgery procedures. Depending on your unique anatomy and goals, either one or both of these techniques may be appropriate to achieve your ideal look. The two procedures include:
- Upper eyelid surgery: This procedure addresses heavy, drooping skin on the upper eyelids. During upper lid blepharoplasty, an incision is made discreetly in the upper eyelid crease and excess skin is removed.
- Lower eyelid surgery: During this procedure, large bags under the eyes are reduced. These bags are actually fat deposits that have fallen forward, creating shadows and a heavy appearance under the eyes. In lower lid blepharoplasty, these fatty deposits are removed along with any excess skin.
During your consultation at McLean Plastic Surgery, Dr. Duda will discuss your goals and concerns, evaluate your condition and recommend the procedure or combination of procedures that can best achieve your goals.
Why Choose McLean Plastic Surgery for Your Eyelid Surgery?
When it comes to an eyelid lift or any plastic surgery procedure, we understand that a refined, natural look is essential. Dr. Duda is committed to providing results that are elegant and natural-looking. Your treatment plan will be customized specifically for you and your unique needs.
Schedule Your Eyelid Lift Consultation Today
If you are considering blepharoplasty, please contact McLean Plastic Surgery today online or at 703-893-1111 to schedule a consultation. Plastic surgeon Dr. Gloria Duda serves McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.