Some degree of breast asymmetry, breasts that appear slightly different in size or shape, is common. In most women, breast asymmetry is mild and is often unnoticed. However, if your breasts differ by a cup size or more, or are markedly different in shape, you may experience difficulty with clothes fitting properly, a negative effect on self-confidence, or other problems that impact your daily life. Surgery can improve your asymmetry, but it will not result in perfect breast symmetry.
At McLean Plastic Surgery, Dr. Gloria Duda and Dr. Erica Anderson, two of the few expertly-trained women plastic surgeons in Virginia, offer a range of breast asymmetry correction options. Please call 703-893-1111 today schedule a consultation. We welcome women from McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
Breast Asymmetry Correction Benefits
Moderate to severe differences in your breast size and/or shape can significantly affect how feel about your appearance and your self-confidence. Benefits of surgical correction of breast asymmetry include:
- Improved breast shape
- More similar breast volume/size
- Boosted self-confidence
- Feeling more attractive
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Asymmetry Correction?
If you are unhappy with the asymmetrical appearance of your breasts and it causes you to feel less confident, attractive, or desirable, you could be a good candidate for breast asymmetry surgery McLean Plastic Surgery. It’s important for you to understand the many options available to you so that you are able to make an educated decision about the best treatment plan for your unique situation. To learn more, we encourage you to contact us and schedule a consultation with Dr. Duda or Dr. Anderson, If you feel less confident due to your breast appearance and have any of the listed factors below, you may be a good candidate for surgical correction
The factors that may contribute to breast asymmetry include:
- Differences in breast volume
- Differences in position of the inframammary crease
- Differences in the position or size of areolas
- Differences in breast shape
- Differences in quantity of skin
Other important factors for a successful outcome include:
- You are a non-smoker
- Have realistic expectations about surgery, recovery, and results
- Undergoing correction for personal or aesthetic reasons
- Healthy with no ongoing or current infections
Common causes of breast asymmetry include :
- underdevelopment of one breast (smaller volume, tighter skin envelope, higher inframammary crease, narrower chest width, higher nipple position, smaller nipple)
- tuberous breast (tubular shaped breast, narrow base, enlarged areola, nipple may point downwards)
- prior breast surgery (breast biopsy and lumpectomy can reduce the size of one breast, complications after cosmetic breast procedures)
- congenital conditions Poland Syndrome (underdeveloped breast, chest wall and arm) and Pectus Excavatum (concavity of the breast bone) are associated with asymmetrical breasts.
If you are unhappy with the asymmetry of your breasts and the appearance causes you to feel less confident, attractive, or desirable, you could be a good candidate for breast asymmetry correction surgery at McLean Plastic Surgery with Dr. Duda or Dr. Anderson. To learn more, we encourage you to contact us and schedule a consultation with Dr. Duda or Dr. Anderson.
Your Breast Asymmetry Correction Procedure
Breast asymmetry correction surgery at McLean Plastic Surgery is a fully-customized procedure designed specifically for you. Dr. Duda and Dr. Anderson understand that each patient has unique physical and cosmetic concerns when seeking breast asymmetry correction. To help you visualize your results prior to breast surgery, we utilize advanced computer 3D imaging with Vectra XT to simulate your projected results.
Treatment for correction depends on the severity of differences of size, shape and position. Surgical correction may involve one breast or both breasts depending on degree of asymmetry. Possible procedures:
- Breast Augmentation for one or both breasts to enhance breast shape and reduce breast size difference.
- Breast augmentation is performed on the smaller breast and a breast augmentation and lift, or a breast lift alone, or even a breast reduction is performed on the opposite breast simultaneously for symmetry.
Contact McLean Plastic Surgery to Discuss Your Correct of Breast Asymmetry
At McLean Plastic Surgery, our skilled and compassionate plastic surgeons understand the importance of achieving attractive, natural-looking results. To discuss your breast asymmetry correction with Dr. Duda or Dr. Anderson, please call 703-893-1111 or complete the form on this page to schedule a consultation. We serve McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.