Your face, the most visible part of you, reflects your age, health, and beauty. The skin loses elasticity and fat volume reduces and the face and neck skin begins to sag, resulting in not looking as good as we feel. The effects of gravity, sun exposure, lifestyle choices and even genetics also contribute to an older appearance.
If you are interested in restoring a more youthful appearance, a face lift at McLean Plastic Surgery can provide you with the beautiful, long-lasting, natural-looking results you desire.
To learn more about facelifts and other facial plastic surgery options offered by our distinguished team of experienced plastic surgeons, please contact our office today online or at 703-893-1111 to schedule an initial consultation. We proudly serve McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
What Can a Facelift Accomplish?
No matter how well you care for your skin and avoid sun exposure, everyone eventually succumbs to aging, gravity and volume loss. When facial volume is lost, smile lines are accentuated and the areas around the eyes and cheeks become more hollow. Meanwhile, gravity causes the sagging that leads to jowls and "turkey neck.”
Although there are a myriad of non-surgical treatments available to help restore a more youthful appearance, the facelift remains unparalleled in its ability to provide long-lasting, highly customizable and natural results. When performed by our experienced plastic surgeons, face lifts remove loose, excess skin and fat and tighten underlying tissues, delivering exquisite results that look fresh and natural.
A facelift, technically known as a rhytidectomy, can address unwanted signs of aging by:
- Gently lifting the skin
- Providing a healthier, smoother, more youthful appearance
- Dramatically softening wrinkles and deep folds
- Tightening the skin along the jaw line and neck to improve loose, sagging skin
- Restoring volume to the cheeks and other areas
At McLean Plastic Surgery, we understand the absolute importance of producing natural-looking results. Our facelifts will keep you looking like “you” with minimal signs of surgery. The procedure simply helps you look like a more youthful, rested and radiant version of yourself.
A Face Lift Designed Specifically for You
Everyone ages differently, so your facelift must be precisely tailored to achieve your desired results. This high level of customization is a hallmark of McLean Plastic Surgery’s approach to patient care.
There are different face lift techniques that our skilled surgeons can utilize to achieve your goals. These techniques have different outcomes and recoveries, and allow Dr. Duda and Dr. Maia to customize the procedure specifically for you, producing the results you expect. Depending on your specific needs, Dr. Duda or Dr. Maia may recommend:
- Full Facelift: In this procedure, the mid-face, lower face and neck are addressed. Excess skin is removed, soft tissue is repositioned, and the muscle tightened to create a natural, youthful appearance. This helps to soften wrinkles, sagging jowls, and excess neck skin and fat, tightens the neck muscles, and other common signs of aging. Sometimes, the procedure is limited to the neck area is specifically referred to as a neck lift.
- Mini Facelift: This procedure focuses on specific problem areas you want to correct without the extensive work involved in a full face lift. The mini facelift commonly targets sagging facial skin, jowls, neck fat and sagging neck muscles. It may be an ideal option if you're just beginning to notice the early signs of aging and don't yet require a full facelift.
Further Customizing Your Rhytidectomy
To achieve the best possible results, your facial surgery is customized to suit your individual goals and unique physical attributes. Time, gravity and the elements affect everyone differently. Our experienced plastic surgery team will thoroughly explain all of your treatment options and help you determine the best way to reach your unique goals. Often times, a facelift may include additional procedures in order to achieve the best possible outcome, such as:
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Brow lift (forehead lift)
- Non-surgical treatments (cosmetic injectables, laser treatments, etc.)
Why Choose McLean Plastic Surgery for Your Face Surgery?
Because your face reflects your age, health and beauty more than any other aspect of your appearance, the experience and technique of your plastic surgeon have a profound impact on your appearance. In the right hands, a facelift can deliver a natural, long-lasting, youthful new look.
At McLean Plastic Surgery, the skill and results of our plastic surgeons are excellent and natural. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gloria Duda and Harvard fellowship-trained plastic surgeon Dr. Munique Maia and have established a reputation for creating consistently impeccable results that look balanced, elegant and natural.
Discuss Your Facelift Options with Our Facial Plastic Surgeon
If you would like to learn more about facelifts or our other plastic surgery procedures, call us today at 703-893-1111 to schedule a consultation. We serve women and men from McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.