If your breasts have begun to sag as the result of aging, pregnancy or other reason,the plastic surgeons at McLean Plastic Surgery can restore your breasts to their youthful position. As two of the few expertly-trained women plastic surgeons in Virginia, Dr. Gloria Duda and Dr. Erica Andeson understand the impact that an attractive breast appearance can have on a woman’s confidence and self-esteem.
To learn more about breast lifts at McLean Plastic Surgery, please call 703-893-1111 today schedule a consultation. We welcome women from McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.
Benefits of a Breast Lift
Moderate to severe sagging of the breasts, it can significantly age your appearance and affect you self-confidence. Benefits of a breast lift include:
- Youthful breast appearance
- More attractive breast shape
- Improved nipple position
- Reduced areola size (darker skin around the nipple)
- Firmer breast appearance
- Reduced skin irritation under the breast
Is Breast Lift Surgery Right for Me?
Clinically known as mastopexy, a breast lift is designed to address mild to moderate sagging issues. If your primary objective is to correct sagging breasts, a breast lift may be your ideal solution. If your goal is to achieve a fuller breast appearance, breast augmentation may be a more appropriate procedure. Depending on your goals and physical attributes, a combination of a breast lift with breast augmentation may provide your ideal figure.
You may be a good breast lift candidate if you:
- Are in good general health
- Do not smoke
- Want to correct breast sagging
- Have realistic expectations for what mastopexy can achieve
If you are considering a breast lift, the best way to know if you are a good candidate for the procedure is to meet personally with Dr. Duda or Dr. Anderson at McLean Plastic Surgery. During your consultation, your goals will be discussed, your breast surgery options will be explained and your candidacy will be determined.
Your Breast Lift Procedure
Breast lifts at McLean Plastic Surgery are fully-customized procedures designed specifically for you. The surgery may be performed alone or in conjunction with other procedures like breast augmentation or as part of a complete a mommy makeover. While every mastopexy is unique, typically, the procedure includes the following elements:
- Excess skin is removed and remaining skin is tightened
- The skin and breast mound is reshaped
- The nipple and areola are repositioned
Breast Lift Incisions
When considering a breast lift, there are 4 common incision techniques. The amount of loose skin, nipple location, and the need for breast reshaping will determine the type of incision and scar location.
The four common incision techniques for a breast lift include:
- Crescent incision: Arching incision made along upper half of the areola
- Donut incision: Circular incision around the areola
- Lollipop incision: Circular incision around the areola with a vertical incision extending to the breast crease
- Anchor incision: A lollipop incision with a horizontal incision along the breast crease
Contact McLean Plastic Surgery to Discuss Your Mastopexy
At McLean Plastic Surgery, our skilled and compassionate plastic surgeons understand the importance of achieving beautiful, natural-looking results. To discuss your breast lift with Dr. Duda or Dr. Anderson, please call 703-893-1111 or complete the form on this page to schedule a consultation. We serve McLean, Tysons Corner and nearby Fairfax County, Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington D.C.